Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Beloved Prophet - President Hinckley


The passing of our beloved prophet is not something I feel I can ignore to mention.  Even with his age, I was shocked to hear of his passing last night.  I guess I kinda thought or hoped he would live forever.  I have not been an active member of the Church my entire life.  However, the portion of my life that I have been active has been while President Hinckley was Prophet.  I grew to absolutely love and respect him.  He lived an exemplary life and helped me want to be a better person.  Each time I heard him speak, I came away feeling stronger.  I will never forget the day he visited Ricks College while I was there.  The moment he entered the room, I could feel the Spirit radiating from him.  He was a Prophet of God - a truly inspired man - and will be deeply, deeply missed.  - Aubri

2 comments:

Emily K. said...

Love the "holla backs," word.

That was a beautiful tribute to the most beloved prophet, Aubri. We will all miss him.

Emily K. said...

Hey, Aubri, I have tagged you. Read my blog for details.