Saturday, September 26, 2009

Granda Jack.....the end of an era

Grandpa Jack (David's Grandpa) passed away two nights ago and with that has come the end of an era. Grandpa Jack is the first of our grandparents to pass away in our lifetime. (David's dad's parents died before he was born.) The passing of Grandpa Jack has made me reflect on the amazing legacy each of our grandparents will leave with us. Let me tell you a little about Grandpa Jack's legacy....



Grandpa Jack's legacy will definitely be one of love. He loved everyone and was not shy about showing it. Grandpa Jack truly embodied what a grandpa was supposed to be. He gave THE WORLD'S BEST HUGS!! He was probably one of the most kind and gentle men I've known. Grandpa Jack was a spiritual giant. In the Sotutu family, he was the Patriarchal Priesthood holder. There was no doubt that he loved the Lord and lived His gospel the best way he knew how. He was the kind of man that you couldn't help but love and the kind of person you hoped to become. I loved Grandpa Jack like he was my own grandpa. He never treated me any differently just because I was a granddaughter by marriage. He was always sure to give me a long hug and tell me how special I was. I loved him for the way he made me feel when I was around him and for the grandpa he was to both David and Isaiah. He will be truly missed and I look forward to the day when he welcomes me to Heaven with one of his famous hugs.

3 comments:

Emily K. said...

What a beautiful tribute, Aubri! He sounds like he was a great man. I lost my Grandpa (my Dad's Dad) when I was a Jr. in High School, and it was hard. I'm sorry for you, and your family's loss.

nea and rusty said...

i was sad to hear that he passed on. i've known him since before i could remember, and i've always enjoyed him and his kindness. sorry for your family's loss.

Jenny said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss. He sounds like a really wonderful man. I wish grandparents didn't pass away.